Are you looking for the best meat slicer that is available in the market today? Well, your search may not be easy. Given the abundance of the choices that you will be confronted with, making a choice will never be an easy feat.
It is recommended that you go through meat slicer reviews to different your options, and in the end, make a decision that you will not regret in any way.
While meat slicers are often seen in delicatessens and butcher shops, you can use it even at home. It has a wide range of applications, from personal to business use. The quality and functionality will vary, depending on which model you will pick. This makes it more important to consult with meat slicer reviews to easily weigh the pros and cons of the alternatives that are available in the market.
If you are finding it hard to choose the best meat slicer, do not make things any harder for you. Keep on reading and we will provide you with insights on some of the most important factors that should be taken into account. In the second half of the article, we will also provide you with recommendations on five of the best models based on our evaluation and the meat slicer reviews that we have seen online.
- Intermittent on/off switch
- Hidden storage for electrical cord
- Cast-aluminum and stainless-steel slicer with gear-driven, cool-running, high-torque motor
- Approximate Maximum Slice Thickness - 3/4 inch. Approximate Maximum Length of Food - 9-5/8 inch
- Crafted From The Highest Quality Materials
- Built For Performance And Durability
- Made In China
- From The Brand: Chef's choice
- Make your own deli sandwiches with this meat slicer in your kitchen. Tilted carriage for fast and easier slicing.
- Thickness adjuster knob lets you control how thin or Thick you want your slices to be with powerful 180 watt motor
- Non-slip feet will hold the slicer sturdy and safe
- Professional quality 7. 5-Inch Stainless Steel blade and die cast aluminum body for a perfect chef style with serrated blade.
- Measures: 16. 45 x 10. 7 x 11. 95 inches, with 180W power
- 【Commercial Meat Slicer】- Voltage:110V 60Hz，Rated input:240W，Blade diameter:φ250mm / 10",10 Inches Heavy-duty Stainless Steel Blade.Built-in Dual Whetstones for sharpening blade safely and...
- 【COMPACT DESIGN】- This meat slicer is small and compact so that you can fit it into your business more easily! The perfect size to place on a counter in your coffee shop or restaurant, the blade...
- 【STAINLESS STEEL BLADE】- The stainless steel blade is designed to resist corrosion and maintain a sharp edge for slicing. Adjustable Slice Size - The cut thickness is easily adjustable from 0 -...
- 【STAINLESS STEEL BLADE】- The stainless steel blade is designed to resist corrosion and maintain a sharp edge for slicing.【FIXED RING GUARD】- Electric Food Slicer The Electric Food Slicer has a...
- 【MUITI-APPLICATION】- VEVOR Commercial Meat Slicer features the production you need for your deli, sandwich shop or restaurant, we have thoroughly tested to ensure great performance and long life!
Last update on 2020-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Chef’s Choice 615 Premium Electric Food Slicer
Among other things, the locking mechanism of its food carriage is one of the most distinct from its features.
When the button is pressed, the blade cannot be accessed from the carriage, which makes it important for the promotion of safety.
In many of the meat slicer reviews that can be found online, one thing that has been commended by many is the power of its blade, making it deliver exceptional performance.
The 7-inch blade is made from high-quality stainless steel, which can be useful for various slicing applications.
Aside from the blade, the high-torque motor is one more thing that allows it to deliver exceptional power. It runs cool, even with extended use.
One more thing that has been well received about this product is the fact that it is easy to clean. You will not have to exert too much time and effort in maintaining its best quality. Even through the years, it can still deliver unrivalled functionality.
The combination of aluminum and stainless steel is also worth commending, making it a meat slicer that is made from high-quality materials that can withstand the test of time.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
2. Chef’s Choice 609 Premium Electric Food Slicer
In several meat slicer reviews, many people have highlighted its easy-clean design, which makesit effortless to maintain the unit.
Different parts, including the blade and food carriage can be detached from the unit, making them effortless to clean.
If you are serious about meat slicing and if you need one that comes with a generous capacity, this is one more option that deserves your attention.
The food carriage has a large size and you can easily slice even huge meats.
When it comes to materials that are used, the components are made mostly from stainless steel and cast aluminum. With such, you can expect the product to be rugged. Even through several years, you can expect that its quality will remain the same.
It is also worth noting that it comes with a powerful motor, allowing it to deliver exceptional slicing performance. Even in spite of the power that it exudes, it is also commendable that it does not produce a loud and annoying noise.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
3. EdgeCraft 610 Chef’s Choice Premium Electric Food Slicer
This is another option that has been given words of praises in the meat slicer reviews that are found online. It has an integrated 7-inch blade, which is multifunctional.
Whether it is for cheese or hams, among others, you can have them easily sliced.
There is also a convenient cord storage, which will make it look organized when you are not using the unit.
A serving tray is also included, which is a nice bonus. It will provide you with a handy accessory where you can lay down the food you have sliced.
In looking for the best within the product category, it is important to consider the materials that are used. Similar to the two models that have been mentioned earlier, it has a body made from aluminum and stainless steel, both of which are exceptional when it comes to durability.
The gear-driven motor has also been given emphasis in many meat slicer reviews, which is basically the one that is responsible for making it powerful. More so, you can also expect the motor to run cool in spite of being used for an extended period.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
4. Continental PS77711 Professional Series Deli Slicer
If you go through meat slicer reviews online, this is another model that is frequently recommended. Its body is made from cast iron, which some may despise because of being heavy.
Its added weight, however, provides the benefit of being sturdy, allowing such to withstand heavy and long-term use.
It is designed with 7.5-inch blade, which is larger by half an inch compared to the models that have been mentioned earlier.
The blade is also commendable because of its ability to slice meats thinly. Regardless of what it is that you need to slice, you can be confident that the slicer will be able to handle such.
When it comes to ease of use, there is also no doubt that this is going to be an exceptional pick. You do not need to be an expert to figure out how to maximize the functionality of the meat slicer.
It is also excellent when it comes to consistency. As many other users have pointed out, it can cut thinly and consistently. You can be assured of having the best sliced meats all the time.
Things We Liked
- Slices consistently.
- Practical price.
- Easy to use.
Things We Didn't Like
5. Best Choice Products Deli Meat Cheese Food Slicer
In many meat slicer reviews, one thing that is often highlighted about this product is the fact that it is made specifically for commercial use.
Therefore, if you are looking for one that can be used for expensive applications, this is the ideal pick. You can cut massive meat easily with the use of this slicer.
One of the most commendable things about this meat slicer is that it comes with a 240-watt motor, compared to others that are normally only 120-watts.
The higher wattage is tantamount into being more powerful, allowing it to effortlessly cut even thick meats.
With a weight of about 50 pounds, this is one of the heaviest that you will find within the product category. Its weight, however, means that it is rugged. It is made from high-quality stainless steel and forged aluminum.
The package comes with a 10-inch non-serrated blade. The blade can make it a snap for you to slice different types of meat. More so, if preferred, users can also purchase a replacement serrated blade.
It is important to note that this is a semi-automatic slicer, which is actually a good thing. You can push the meat through the blade, making it easy to adjust the thickness as it is preferred.
Why You Should Have a Meat Slicer
By now, if you do not believe that you need a meat slicer at home, the following are some of the reasons that might convince you to have one.
It will make it easy for you to create your own sandwiches. Whether it is slicing ham or cheese, you will find such easier when you have your own meat slicer in the kitchen.
You can have the deli experience right at the comfort of your own home.
With a meat slicer, you will also be able to minimize food waste. Rather than disposing leftover meat, with a handy slicer in the kitchen, you can still use it in different recipes as you wish.
Cost savings can provide you with another good reason to have a meat slicer. Rather than going to the butcher to have your meat cut as desired, you can do it on your own. In line with this, it is also going to allow you to save time.
Types of Meat Slicers
Generally speaking, there are two types of meat slicers:
- Automatic Meat Slicer: If you are looking for convenience and one that can be used for heavy applications, based on meat slicer reviews, it is recommended that you get one that is automatic. This means that there is a motor moving back and forth, making it effortless to slice meat. This is going to be efficient in terms of time and labor.
- Manual Meat Slicer: On the other hand, as the name implies, this is a meat slicer that is operated manually. This is definitely going to require effort on your end, which is basically why it is recommended only for minimal use.
Essential Considerations in Looking for the Best Meat Slicer
To be able to differentiate the options that you will be confronted with, the following are some of the most important factors that should be taken into account.
There are many things that will be indicative of the performance of meat slicers, with one of the most important being the engine and its horsepower. If you are going to use the machine frequently, choose one with higher horsepower.
More so, as it has been emphasized in meat slicer reviews, in order to find the one that can deliver the best performance, it is important to take a look at the quality of the blades. For most home models, the blade has a size of 7 inches, although they can go to as large as 11 inches.
Similar to other appliances in the kitchen, safety should be a paramount consideration in choosing the best. You should choose one that will lessen the possibility of cutting your fingers accidentally, as no one would surely want such to happen. Because blades can be extremely sharp, make sure that they cut only meat and never your fingers!
A recessed power button is one of the most important safety features, which will prevent the appliance from being accidentally turned on. A handguard will also be helpful, which will create a division between the blades and your finger. With blade-lock, on the other hand, the blades will not move unless the unit is switched on.
Ease of Use
The main reason why many people decide to go to the butcher when they need to slice their meat is because they believe that such is a hard thing to do. Even with a meat slicer at home, if it is complicated to operate, you will end up being frustrated. With such, reading meat slicer reviews is important to see what others have to say about the user-friendliness of specific models.
Having a food carriage, or a place where you can allow the food to sit, is one of the features that will make it easy to use. See to it that it has an ergonomic design as well. Having an integrated food tray can also be good to easily collect food as it is sliced. Lastly, make sure as well that the meat slicer is easy to clean, making it effortless to maintain its best quality through the years.
Other Factors to Consider
Aside from those that have been mentioned above, the following are other things that deserve your attention as well:
- Price: Before you start shopping for the best meat slicer, you should compare the available options on the basis of their price. Nonetheless, keep in mind that being cheap is not tantamount into being of high-quality. At the end of the day, do not hesitate to spend more if it means being able to enjoy better quality.
- Feedbacks: To be confident of making the right decision, take time to read meat slicer reviews and learn from the insights shared by other users. Their experiences will make it easier to compare available choices.
- Warranty: If the manufacturer is confident about the quality of its product, you can expect the warranty coverage to be extensive. The longer the warranty, the better of an option it can prove to be.
- Customer Support: You should read meat slicer reviews and see what others are saying about customer service. It should be easy for you to get in touch with the company’s support representatives if you need assistance.
Do not make it any harder for you to pick the best meat slicer. Narrow down your choices to the five models we have been mentioned below, which were also highly recommended in the meat slicer reviews you can find online. From quality to durability, ease of use to safety, these are indeed options that you will not regret.